20 January 2014

Water drinking.


Today post is all about my water drinking habit. I don't know why I have the feeling to blog about it but my brain just told me to. Lol.

I was used to hate drinking water, you know, cuz it's tasteless, boring and yes, as how you can see it from its appearance.
Previously, it was hardly for me to finish drinking a big bottle of 1 litre of water that my mom prepared for me to bring it to school daily. 
I was so sick when I saw that big bottle, I just hate it, without reason.
I only consume more or less 500ml of water daily. I just ignore what my parents told me about 8 glasses of water (2L) is a must for a person, I thought those were bullshits. -.-

Until I started to realize, my skin is getting dry day by day, not only that, it even cracked easily in a sudden.
Slowly this happened to my heels, it cracked and it took a freaking long time to heal and it cracked again after few days. I don't know why it happened but it just did.

Then I met a girl, who is my lifestyle teacher, I call her Jess
Jess told me that my body is lacked of water, for years.
She can just tell me from the minute she saw me.
Jess: Girl, did you drink water today?
Me: Hmmm, yeah?
Jess: I mean, alot of water, you didn't even achieve 1L yet, right?
Me: How did you know?
Jess: I saw it from your face, and your skin.

I took her words, seriously. She changed my lifestyle, she made me a healthier person.
Frankly it took some months for me to start drinking, water.
From 500ml perday, 750ml per day, 1L per day, and now, 3.5L per day.
There's an effort needed, and I tried, and the changes proved me.
Less constipation, skin gets smoother, feeling more energetic, and surprisingly, I lose weight! 

Water is a natural calorie-burner. You may have heard that sipping ice water is a good way to burn calories and help you lose weight. 
Although this isn't necessarily true for everyone, it has a large amount of truth behind it. 
When you drink cold water, your body needs to work double time to warm up, increasing the rate your metabolism burns up calories.

One of the best benefits of drinking water is that it acts as a natural cleanser. 
Your body attracts many toxins, from food, the environment and other elements. 
Cleaning it out consistently will help keep it healthy and functioning well. 

There was once a classmate told me stop drinking that much of water, it causes me into edema. In chinese,水腫。
I would like to say, no, you are wrong.

A proper way of drinking water will not cause you into edema. In fact, you need to be smart of drinking water everyday.
It is not about you consume 3L of water in 24 hours and that's it.
NO, YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG.

We are all taught that drinking eight cups or two litres of water a day is longstanding advice.
For us, Malaysians, we need much more than that I can say to keep our body hydrate. There is climate influences, the weather is too hot.
During our sleeps, 500ml of water will run off automatically when we breath.
Therefore, drinking a 3L water is super normal that WILL NOT cause me into edema.

Drinking a glass of water after you wake up from bed helps in hydrate and wake your organs for a fresh day start.
Stop drinking a lot of water after 9pm to avoid edema and times of visit toilet during your sleeps.

Start drinking water today! Just water, not anything else. :)



P/s: Subjective to different individuals.